We are now offering bottom brackets that fit the new Tanatos frame. The frame employed a special variation of Spanish bottom bracket with wider spacing in order for the pursuit of ideal geometry, strength, lightweight, and reliability. The bearings are identical to Spanish ones used for some of the BMX bikes, but the intermediate spacer measures different at 71mm in length (which actually is identical to the spacer used for outboard Euro bottom brackets from some other parts makers). You don’t normally need this kit because the Tanatos frame set always comes with this, but you can make use of it if the original BB kit becomes defunct, you need just bearings for another frame, etc. This kit comes with a 71mm sleeve as well as spacers 3mm and 1.5mm in thickness, 4 pieces each.
- Spanish type bottom bracket
- Works with 19.05mm (3/4″) shaft
- Weight: 113g
- Color: Green/Black
- Materials: Bearing steel (bearing), alloy (spacers)
- 37mm bearing OD, 19.05mm (3/4″) bearing ID
- 71mm sleeve length (70mm as in spec, with positive tolerance)
- 2,800 JPY (w/o sales tax)
We are now offering a rear hub that goes along well with the new Tanatos frame. Since the frame features closed dropouts, typical and common hubs with fixing nuts cannot be used (you could cut open the dropouts to make it work like that, but that’s where the Mottainai spirit kicks in and we do not recommend it). This hub, however, features fixing bolts on both ends, enabling you to run it on Tanatos as well as use it on other frames with horizontal dropouts and enjoy easier wheel removal. That is, once you remove the bolts, the wheel just drops without any need to derail or cut the chain.
Currently we do not offer any complete wheel kit but just the hub.
- Single-speed hub for MTB
- 11T cog
- 32 holes
- 24 notches
- Weight: 409g
- Color: Pale Green
- 135mm wide / 10mm bolts (standard MTB spacing – actual nominal diameter of bolts is 3/8″ = 9.525mm)
- 50mm chain line
- Disk brake compatible
- 15,200 JPY (w/o sales tax)
This is Tanatos, the flagship model from Libido Bike Co. Whether you ride it on the street, dirt jumps, at skate parks, or to and from convenience stores, this tough, fun and simply awesome mountain bike will turn everyday scenery into extraordinary, amplify your imaginations, and make any obstacle a new terrain to ride.
Currently we do not offer complete bikes but frame sets. However, we also have in stock rear hubs that go well along.
- Material: 4130 chromoly steel; post-weld heat treated
- Tubing: Triple butted top & down tubes, external butted seat tube
- Weight: Approx. 2.5kg
- Colors: Hard Banana (yellow), Angry Salmon (pink), Night Forest (dark green), Baby Turquoise (light blue)
- Integrated headset (Campagnolo standard – same as most BMX)
- 135mm-width dropouts w/ 10mm slots (standard MTB spacing – except it being closed)
- Accommodates 25.4mm seat post / 28.6mm seat clamp (standard BMX size)
- Spanish bottom bracket (original spec w/ 90mm-wide shell)
- Top tube length: 575mm
- Chainstay length: 375±10mm
- Seat tube length: 300mm
- Head angle: 72deg (when fork length is 450mm w/ 40mm offset)
- Seat angle: 72deg (same as above)
- BB drop: 10mm (same as above)
- 66,200 JPY (incl. bottom bracket, w/o sales tax)
The bottom bracket accommodates any shaft measuring 19.05mm (3/4″) in diameter, which includes various tubular 3-pc chromoly cranksets available for street and trails usage.
Sorry, this article is only available in 日本語.
4,400 JPY (w/o sales tax)